[Last Update: 10-09-2017]
[08/27/2017] – 13th Annual Neighborhood Summit
Saturday, September 9, 2017
8:00 AM -2:00 PM
9600 Sims, Y.I.S.D. Central Office
- Keynote Address: Mayor Dee Margo
- Morning Address: El Pasoans Fighting Hunger
- County-Wide Linear Trail – Paso del Norte Health Foundation
- How To Run Effective Meetings – Dale Carnegie Training
- Youth Engagement – We (FillInTheBlank)
- Neighborhood Association Taskforce – Community & Human Development Dept.
EPNC Board Elections
The El Paso Neighborhood Coalition (EPNC) is conducting elections for the Neighborhood Council board for CHAIR, NORTHEAST, and NORTHWEST representatives.
[07/05/2017] – Message/Call for Participation from Blanca Gadney-Moss with regard to the proposed El Paso Electric Rate Hike
Join us at City council meetings on July 11; July 25; August 8; August 22, to protest the El Paso Electric rate increase (City Hall; 300 N. Campbell; parking is free at city hall on Tuesdays).
The meetings start at 8 am but please be there before 8 am to sign up to speak. You can also sign up to speak online at http://legacy.elpasotexas.gov/muni_clerk/signup_form.asp
the day before the meeting. We are only given 3 minutes to speak.
Please bring your family, friends, kids, anyone interested in supporting either renewable energy as a choice for all or anyone just fed up with the monopoly and wanting an open electric market.
Thank you and hope to see you there!
[06/27/2017] – Status of Dog Park for the Northeast
Unofficial statement by City Parks & Recreations: The dog park in the northeast is planned as extension to Northeast Regional Park, as part of the 2012 Quality of Life Bond.
Completion of the dog park (along with other improvements) is announced for 2018.
Google Maps entry is updated to reflect planning status in the title, please see [map].
[06/18/2017] – Teens arrested in North Hills car burglary
From El Paso Times: El Paso police arrested a pair of boys accused of burglarizing a vehicle earlier this week in the Northeast.
Officers responding to a call of people pulling on the door handles of parked cars spotted the boys at midnight Tuesday in the North Hills neighborhood, police said.
Please see full article at the El Paso Times Website [here].
[05/30/2017] – NEIGHBORHOOD NEWSLETTER – RUN-OFF ELECTIONS, MAYOR, DISTRICT #4
Early Voting for the June 10 2017 Run-off Election for Mayor and District #4, Northeast (among others) will be held from Tuesday, May 30, 2017 – Tuesday, June 6, 2017:
- Early Voting Stations
- Complete Run-Off Election Information
- Candidate Campaign Finance Records (indicating who supported candidates financially)
[05/19/2017] – INFORMATION ABOUT THE SECOND PROPOSED EL PASO ELECTRIC RATE INCREASE AND SOLAR POWER ALTERNATIVE PROGRAMS.
Posting under [NEIGHBORHOOD ISSUES] >> [ACTIVITIES] >> [EL PASO ELECTRIC RATE INCREASE] includes the following information:
- Community Facts to Fight El Paso Electric Rate Increase
- Eco El Paso – Sustainability in the hot-and-arid climate Information Flyer
- Presentation, given to the neighborhood association at the April 2017 monthly meeting, providing key information about the EPE rate increase and competitive solar energy alternatives.
- CALL TO ACTION: Consider writing letters to the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC) and Office of Public Utility Counsel (OPUC) to file a complaint about the El Paso Electric (EPE) Rate Increase. Automatic Online Letter Assistants provide editable text-segments for easier and faster letter composition.
Please see the posting with links to all resources [here].
[04/23/2017] – CITY OF EL PASO GENERAL ELECTION 2017
- The City’s Regular election will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Early Voting Period from April 24, 2017 – May 2, 2017
- Closest Early Voting Station in the Northeast is at the Bowling Family YMCA, 5509 Will Ruth Ave, El Paso, TX 79924 [map]
- See all election documents, latest election information, and candidate information [HERE]
- See all candidate campaign finance records at [HERE].
[03/26/2017] – Business Development Questionnaire
The North Hills Neighborhood Pride Association has posted a Business Development Questionnaire on the website to investigate interest into what type of businesses would be of interest to be added in the North Hills area.
Please see the survey [here].
[01/27/2017] – Join the Northeast Rattlers!
Looking for players 10 and under, for competitive basketball play.
If interested, please contact Coach Clara at (915) 740-9246
[01/27/2017] – Current Project List
- Missing sidewalk at Martin Luther King Blvd. (case# 205407)
- Stop sign at Marcus Uribe Dr. and Officer Andrew Barcena Dr. (case# 205407)
- Bike markings on Jon Cunningham Blvd. (case# 205398)
[12/10/2016] – North Hills-Based Local Weather Station
NHNPA member Larry Springsteen provides a new resource for North Hills real-time weather observation, a web-accessible weather station with 24-hour time-lapse video. The weather station is permanently linked from the right-hand sidebar, underneath the weather forecast.
[Update, 12/18/16] – Now tracking wind speed, rain rate, 24 hour rain total, and UV exposure risk level.
[11/07/2016] – El Paso Parks & Recreation Survey
El Paso Parks & Recreation is running a survey to decide which parks need maintenance.
We need everyone (coaches, parents, players, relatives) to complete the survey for NE Regional Park and Skyline Parks. You can also complete the survey for any El Paso park you would like improved.
Parks with the most surveys will get priority.
[08/02/2016] – Proposed Verizon Wireless Facility
Please see the site plan drawings and the photo simulations for Verizon Wireless proposed wireless facility located at 5200 Marcus Uribe Drive, provided by the Black & Veatch Corporation.
A meeting with North Hills Neighborhood Pride Association representatives has been scheduled for 6 p.m., Monday, August 8, 2016, at Denny’s Restaurant located at 4690 Woodrow Bean.
TEXAS STATE PARKS PASS
Allows annual access to over 90 Texas state parks and historic sites without daily access fee, and supports Texas park maintenance.
See more info at www.tpwd.state.tx.us/parkpass