[Last Update: 05-19-2017]
[05/19/2017] – INFORMATION ABOUT THE SECOND PROPOSED EL PASO ELECTRIC RATE INCREASE AND SOLAR POWER ALTERNATIVE PROGRAMS.
Posting under [NEIGHBORHOOD ISSUES] >> [ACTIVITIES] >> [EL PASO ELECTRIC RATE INCREASE] includes the following information:
- Community Facts to Fight El Paso Electric Rate Increase
- Eco El Paso – Sustainability in the hot-and-arid climate Information Flyer
- Presentation, given to the neighborhood association at the April 2017 monthly meeting, providing key information about the EPE rate increase and competitive solar energy alternatives.
- CALL TO ACTION: Consider writing letters to the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC) and Office of Public Utility Counsel (OPUC) to file a complaint about the El Paso Electric (EPE) Rate Increase. Automatic Online Letter Assistants provide editable text-segments for easier and faster letter composition.
Please see the posting with links to all resources [here].
[04/23/2017] – CITY OF EL PASO GENERAL ELECTION 2017
- The City’s Regular election will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Early Voting Period from April 24, 2017 – May 2, 2017
- Closest Early Voting Station in the Northeast is at the Bowling Family YMCA, 5509 Will Ruth Ave, El Paso, TX 79924 [map]
- See all election documents, latest election information, and candidate information [HERE]
- See all candidate campaign finance records at [HERE].
[03/26/2017] – Business Development Questionnaire
The North Hills Neighborhood Pride Association has posted a Business Development Questionnaire on the website to investigate interest into what type of businesses would be of interest to be added in the North Hills area.
Please see the survey [here].
[01/27/2017] – Join the Northeast Rattlers!
Looking for players 10 and under, for competitive basketball play.
If interested, please contact Coach Clara at (915) 740-9246
[01/27/2017] – Current Project List
- Missing sidewalk at Martin Luther King Blvd. (case# 205407)
- Stop sign at Marcus Uribe Dr. and Officer Andrew Barcena Dr. (case# 205407)
- Bike markings on Jon Cunningham Blvd. (case# 205398)
[12/10/2016] – North Hills-Based Local Weather Station
NHNPA member Larry Springsteen provides a new resource for North Hills real-time weather observation, a web-accessible weather station with 24-hour time-lapse video. The weather station is permanently linked from the right-hand sidebar, underneath the weather forecast.
[Update, 12/18/16] – Now tracking wind speed, rain rate, 24 hour rain total, and UV exposure risk level.
[11/07/2016] – El Paso Parks & Recreation Survey
El Paso Parks & Recreation is running a survey to decide which parks need maintenance.
We need everyone (coaches, parents, players, relatives) to complete the survey for NE Regional Park and Skyline Parks. You can also complete the survey for any El Paso park you would like improved.
Parks with the most surveys will get priority.
[08/02/2016] – Proposed Verizon Wireless Facility
Please see the site plan drawings and the photo simulations for Verizon Wireless proposed wireless facility located at 5200 Marcus Uribe Drive, provided by the Black & Veatch Corporation.
A meeting with North Hills Neighborhood Pride Association representatives has been scheduled for 6 p.m., Monday, August 8, 2016, at Denny’s Restaurant located at 4690 Woodrow Bean.
[05/26/2016] – Sun Metro Presentation:
Sun Metro gave presentation about Sun Metro Services, the Brio Rapid Transfer System, and the planned Northgate Transfer Center.
[05/24/2016] – Bike Lane Stripping Request – Jon Cunningham:
(excerpt from e-mail, City of El Paso)
The City of El Paso is currently developing a bike plan which will provide guidance to the placement of bicycle facilities throughout the city, and address education, enforcement and encouragement. The draft bicycle network currently designates a bike lane on John Cunningham from Chuck Heinrich Park the El Paso Electric right-of-way east of Martin Luther King. Please see the screen shot below.
We are currently working with ALTA Planning and the community to develop this plan and anticipate adoption in Summer 2016. Additionally, John Cunningham is scheduled for resurfacing from Martin Luther King to its terminus in FY 2017 through the adopted Capital Improvement Plan. The resurfacing will include new roadway striping. Streets and Maintenance Department will coordinate with our Department to ensure safe and high-quality bicycle facilities are implemented during the resurfacing project.
[04/09/2016] – El Paso auto thefts, burglaries rise sharply:
[03/14/2016] – Upcoming Meeting Guest Speakers:
Make Plans – The scheduled guest speakers for the March, April, and May NHNPA neighborhood meetings are:
- MARCH 24: Judge Brian J Haggerty, Justice of the Peace, Pct.2,
about Taxes, Student Absentee Management
- APRIL 28: Ruben P. Gonzalez, EP County Tax Assessor,
about the 2 Step – 1 Sticker Vehicle Registration Program and improvements at distributed offices.
- May 26: Ismael B. Segovia, Sun Metro Senior Service Planner,
about the Northgate Terminal and BRIO Rapid Transit System on Dyer Bus Routes.
[11/23/2015] – Message of ECO El Paso:
ECO El Paso is asking City Council to Deny all the rate increase demands of El Paso Electric
For more info go to www.ecoelpaso.org
- November 23, 2015 11 am, 3208 Tularosa 79903
Senator Rodriquez Press Conference: “Solar Energy Benefits El Paso, EPE Proposal Does Not”
- December 02, 2015 at 9 am, City Hall, 300 N. Campbell
El Paso City Council Meeting to hear feedback on the El Paso Electric Rate Case #44941 (www.puc.texas.gov)
- December 08, 2015 at 8 am, City Hall, 300 N. Campbell
El Paso City Council Meeting to decide El Paso Electric Rate Case #44941
- Contact your City of El Paso Representatives at http://www.elpasotexas.gov
[10/19/2015] – November State Constitutional Elections:
Provided by State Representative Joe C. Picket, District 79. Early elections started today (October 19th) and run until October 30th, with election day being November 3rd.
[08/21/2015] – 11th Annual Neighborhood Summit
The Neighborhood Summit is a FREE public event done in partnership with the El Paso Neighborhood Coalition (EPNC) and the City’s Neighborhood Services Division to bring you current material that affects your neighborhoods and the El Paso community through guest speakers, educational workshops and an information fair with vendors from various City departments and local organizations.
|Saturday, September 12, 2015
9600 Sims, YISD Central District Office
8am – 2pm
[07/07/2015] – BBB Free Shred Event – Prevent Identity Theft:
July 18, 2015, 9:00 AM -1:00 PM, 9498 Gateway Blvd. North, El Paso, TX 79902
Better Business Bureau invites you to drive up and drop off 3 bags or boxes per person of documents that are no longer needed, and shred them on the spot.
[05/30/2015] – North Hills Crossing Mall Update :
The Dollar Tree has opened today at the North Hills Crossing Shopping Mall as the only store so far.
[04/23/2015] – April Meeting Documents :
[Lifelong Learning] – The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UTEP
[03/28/2015] – Presentation Material from El Paso Electric:
In the monthly neighborhood March meeting El Paso Electric gave a presentation about the workings of the company, energy saving strategies, and an announcement of a pending decision about a possible rate increase.
- Brochure including residential solutions and low income residential solutions
- EP Electric residential solutions contractor list
- Energy savings tips and strategies
- Self-Certification form of Income eligibility for full incentive energy efficiency services
- Income calculation worksheet
- Handout about $30 for disposing of an old fridge, business cards with contact information for questions about the presentation and material.
- Roof and attic insulation do-it-your-self guide
[01/27/2015] – Documents:
- Pre-Application: Neighborhood Improvement Program – Proposed Bike lane
- Veterans Day 2014 – Veterans Memorial Dedication Brochure
[01/13/2015] – Notice from TXDOT:
The southbound US 54 Exit Ramp to Transmountain (Loop 375) West will be CLOSED
Saturday, January 17 from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Gateway South at Transmountain will also be closed.
Access to the Border Patrol Museum will be available,
Traffic wanting to head westbound on Transmountain must go eastbound on Woodrow Bean, take Rushing Turnaround to Woodrow Bean westbound, enter the Rushing Entrance Ramp westbound onto Transmountain
[01/01/2015] – Neighborhood Emergency Response Plan (NERP):
A guide to creating your neighborhood emergency plan, provided by the El Paso City/County Office of Emergency Management.
Please see/download document [here]
NOTE: This document is permanently available on the ‘Resources’ page:
[MAIN MENU] >> [Communicaton & LInks] >> [Resources]
[11/15/2014] – Article about Northeast Development:
Major $100 million SmartCode neighborhood proposed for Northeast El Paso.
Please see article in [El Paso Times]
[11/15/2014] – Wreaths Across America Effort:
This will provide a wreath(s) for $15 each to be placed upon the grave-sites located at Ft. Bliss National Cemetery.
Please see [Flyer/Form]
[10/20/2014] – Midterm Election 2014:
Early voting starts Monday, October 20th and lasts until Friday, October 31st. Election Day is November 4th. Closest voting station to North Hills is at SUN VALLEY CENTER, 4525 SUN VALLEY DR.
[09/23/2014] – Neighborhood Blockparty on Sunday, September 28th:
Sunday Night Football Kick Off, September 28th, 6:00 PM, 4412 Marcus Uribe (Cul de Sac)
Featuring 18.3′ projection screen. Bring snacks, chips and a lawn chair. Grill your own meat if you wish!
[08/26/2014] – Army releasing North Hills’ homes in Northeast El Paso for public leasing:
Hunt Companies has started renting homes to the public in the North Hills Housing community in Northeast El Paso that served as Army family housing for years, the El Paso company announced Thursday.
[08/26/2014] – Message from State House Representative Joe Picket with regard to the City Trolley Project:
Please receive the attached letter to the Texas Transportation Commission. After you have read the letter let the Transportation Commission know if you are for or against the project. The last page of the letter contains easy contact information.
[08/26/2014] – 10th Annual Neighborhood Summit (Sept. 6th)
TEXAS STATE PARKS PASS
Allows annual access to over 90 Texas state parks and historic sites without daily access fee, and supports Texas park maintenance.
See more info at www.tpwd.state.tx.us/parkpass